Florida Woodturning Symposium Policies
Policies and Terms for FWS 2018
Our policies page is a helpful guide for attendees, vendors and demonstrators to understand symposium site rules and registration guidelines. It is important to understand each policy to make your weekend as enjoyable as possible. If you have any questions regarding our policies, please contact us using the appropriate email address on the contact page.
- Symposium Fee
This fee gains you access to all symposium events; the instant gallery, trade show, rotations (demonstrations), an opportunity to win an educational grant and the Friday/Saturday evening functions. Accompanying spouses that do not attend demonstrations are not charged this fee and are not eligible for an educational grant or rotation attendance.
- A discount of $25 will be applied to registrations made before January 1, 2018
We will provide a full refund if you notify us 30 days before the Symposium. We charge a $ 25.00 processing fee if we are notified less than 30 days but more than 14 days before the Symposium. If you notify us 14 days or less before the Symposium, we will only provide a refund in the event of an emergency, and we will still charge the $25.00
Meals can only be ordered during registration. Please check your registration form to verify you paid for each meal before going to the dining hall. While meals are served on the honor policy, LYBCC staff keeps the total number of meals served. If more meals are served than the symposium paid for, it is billed accordingly, which comes out of the proceeds of the symposium.
Online registration information is encrypted and processed in the most secure methods we have at our disposal. Personal information provided is used only to the extent necessary to plan for capacity of facilities and services. We do not distribute, publish, sell or in any way communicate the registration information provided by our attendees.
- Limit 3 instant gallery pieces per registrant. We encourage everyone to enter their pieces into the Instant Gallery during the normal registration and check-in hours on Friday between 8 AM and 6 PM. Pieces can also be entered on Saturday morning before the first rotation begins.
- Instant Gallery entries should be picked up no later than 1:00 PM on Sunday.
- The FWS Committee will provide security of the Instant Gallery during the Symposium, but cannot be held liable for any damage or loss of the entries.
Scholarships and Grants:
- Drawings for Scholarships and Grants are only available to registrants that have paid for the full demo rotation.
- The drawing will be held on Saturday evening and you do not need to be present to win. If you win, but are not present, you will be contacted by e-mail. If you do not respond within two weeks, an alternate winner will be selected.
- Reimbursement for the grants and scholarship assistance must be requested in writing, using the form in the winner’s packet, with appropriate receipts, and mailed to:
3236 1st St SW
Vero Beach, Florida 32968
772.567.1791 (H) 772.633.3986
Auction and Raffle:
The Auction and Raffle will be held Saturday evening and either you or your designee must be present to win raffle items.
The auction is open to the public, but you must have paid the $11 daily access fee to get an auction card if you are not a registered attendee.
Auction items can be paid for by cash, check or credit card.
Auction cards are contained in your registration package and must be used by the registrant only.
During the auction, the FWS auction spotters and the Auctioneer will determine bidding sequence. Once the Auctioneer has pronounced an item sold, all bidding on the item will immediately cease and will not be reopened for any reason. The Auctioneer’s decision is final.
We encourage all symposium participants to donate a piece to the auction to benefit our education program.
Lake Yale Baptist Convention Center Policies:
- No alcohol is allowed on the LYBCC campus.
- No smoking is permitted in any of the residence or meeting rooms on campus.
- A daily access fee of $11 is required per person on their premises each day. This fee is already included in hotel rates only. Commuters and one day attendees are charged this fee each day of attendance.
- Pets are only allowed in the RV sites and must stay inside the RV during the day. Walk your pet only in the RV area, and on a leash.
- Lake Yale will charge a cleanup fee if there is any sign of smoking in the rooms.
- Lake Yale will charge for any missing items in the room (blankets, towels, etc.)